Toronto, Nov 1 (Canadian-Media): The following advisory on Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card has been issued by the Government of India, Consulate General of India Toronto.
1. Overseas Citizen of India card is required to be re-issued each time a new passport is issued up to the age of 20 years.
2. OCI card is required to be re-issued only once after attaining age of 20 years. Re-issuance of the OCI card is not mandatory each time a new passport is issued between 21 and 50 years of age. However, if the applicant wishes to obtain OCI document linked to his/her current passport, he/she can apply for renewal of OCI under miscellaneous services;
3. OCI card is required to be re-issued only once on renewal of passport after completing 50 years of age.
4. If the OCI card is issued at the age of 50 years or later, there is no need for renewal of the OCI Card.
5. Applicants need to travel with their Current passport, OCI Card and old passport with which OCI card is linked (if applicable).
Applicants may also refer to the following links (including FAQs) for any other clarification on the matter:
#CanadianArmedForcesDay; #Justin Trudeau
Ottawa, June 2 (Canadian-Media): The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on Canadian Armed Forces Day:
“Today, we honour the brave members of the Canadian Armed Forces, past and present, who put their lives on the line to advance stability and peace around the world, and to protect the fundamental values and interests that define this country.
“I am humbled by the immense dedication, selflessness, and compassion demonstrated by those who answer the call to serve. Whether deployed in combat or peace operations, or during disaster relief efforts, they represent the very best of what it means to be Canadian.
“The weight of military service can take a toll on people who wear the uniform. It can also be challenging for families and loved ones. Their enduring support and sacrifice are a tremendous source of strength to our armed forces, and we all owe an immeasurable debt of gratitude to these exceptional Canadians.
“On behalf of the Government of Canada, I thank past and present members of the Canadian Armed Forces and their families for their invaluable service and sacrifice, so that we can enjoy peace, freedom, and democracy.”
#MeganMarkle; #PrinceHarry; #Sussex; #africa; #Sentebale; #TheLunchboxFund
Toronto, Apr 22 (Canadian-Media): As the world continues to wait for the Megan Markle, Duchess of Sussex to give birth, there are reports that Markle and Prince Harry may move to Africa some time next year, media reports said.
Harry started the charity Sentebale, which lends assistance to kids with HIV in Lesotho and Botswana. He has even called Botswana his second home and whisked Meghan there on a date about a month after they first met.
Markle and Harry posted a new message on their Instagram account, encouraging people to donate to The Lunchbox Fund, which helps feed hungry children in South Africa.