Toronto, Nov 1 (Canadian-Media): The following advisory on Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card has been issued by the Government of India, Consulate General of India Toronto.
1. Overseas Citizen of India card is required to be re-issued each time a new passport is issued up to the age of 20 years.
2. OCI card is required to be re-issued only once after attaining age of 20 years. Re-issuance of the OCI card is not mandatory each time a new passport is issued between 21 and 50 years of age. However, if the applicant wishes to obtain OCI document linked to his/her current passport, he/she can apply for renewal of OCI under miscellaneous services;
3. OCI card is required to be re-issued only once on renewal of passport after completing 50 years of age.
4. If the OCI card is issued at the age of 50 years or later, there is no need for renewal of the OCI Card.
5. Applicants need to travel with their Current passport, OCI Card and old passport with which OCI card is linked (if applicable).
Applicants may also refer to the following links (including FAQs) for any other clarification on the matter: