A unique opportunity to learn about the journey of some of the most successful South Asians In Ontario
#SouthAsiansInOntario; #TelevisionSeries; #SONYPicturesInternational’sSouthAsianHindiChannel; #ATN-SONY
STORIES OF SUCCESSFUL LEADERS TO BE PRESENTED ON ATN-SONY TELEVISION
Toronto, Canada (Oct 15, 2018): Some of the biggest names from South Asian community in Ontario will be available for a photo op and interviews on one platform at a launch event of a TV series on October 15, 2018 between 5:30 and 6:30 pm at the Holiday Inn, near Pearson Airport in Mississauga, media reports said.
Pavi Binning, President of Wittington Investments, holding company of Weston Group that owns Loblaws, Shoppers Drugmart, No Frills, PC Financials, Holt Renfrew and more;
Steve Gupta, President & CEO of Eastons Group of Hotels
Ali Kizilbash, President and CEO of TWI foods, which owns the famous Crispy brand of food products
Lata Pada, Recipient of Order of Canada for her contribution to Indian Classical Dance
Adrienne Batra, Editor in Chief, Toronto Sun
Mary Ann (Domitrovic) Yule, President & CEO of HP Canada Raza Hasan, Chief Risk Officer, HSBC
Jai Kalra, Creator and Host of the Stories of Success, Kahaniyan Kaamyabi Ki, and a renowned actor from Indian Film and Television Industry who has appeared in Bollywood films and Indian television dramas, popularly known for playing the role of Vikram Shergill in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain.
These leaders as well as other renowned names from the South Asian Diaspora will be part of a 14 episode Television Series on SONY Pictures International’s South Asian Hindi Channel, ATN-SONY.
The one hour episode on these leaders will broadcast at Primetime on Sundays at 6 PM with repeat broadcast on Primetime Saturdays at 6 PM on ATN-SONY beginning November 2018.
WHAT: Launch Event of 14 episode Television Series on ATN-SONY
WHERE: Holiday Inn Toronto, International Airport, 970 Dixon Road, Toronto, M9W 1J9.
WHEN: Monday, October 15, 2018 from 5:30 PM– 6:30 PM
WHY: To gather on a single platform to launch the Television Series about their journey and success stories
ABOUT THE LEADERS:
1. Mr. Steve Gupta, President & CEO, Easton’s Group of Hotels and The Gupta Group. Easton’s Group of Hotels operates 29 hotels in GTA under the flagship chains of hotels such as Holiday Inn, Marriott, Westin and many more.
2. Mr. Pavi Binning, President, Wittington Investments which is the holding company of Weston Family that own high street brands such as Loblaws, Shoppers Drugmart, No Frills, Holt Renfrew and many more
3. Mr. Carl Rodrigues, Founder, President & CEO, SOTI Inc., an IT company based out of Mississauga with global operations in more than 100 countries
4. Mr. Ali Kizilbash, Founder, President, TWI Foods, owns the famous Crispy Brand. It is a front runner in ethnic markets with its product lines of Crispy Naan Breads, Cake Rusks, Flatbreads, cookies and many more. They have won many recognition including one of the best export companies of Ontario
5. Mr. Raj Kothari, Vice-Chair PwC Canada is one of the first partners of South Asian origins on Bay Street. In an illustrious career, Raj is the Vice Chair of PwC Canada and sits on prestigious boards likes Aga Khan Foundation, Toronto General and Western Hospital and many more
6. Ms. Adrienne Batra, Editor in Chief, Toronto Sun
7. Ms. Lata Pada, Recipient of Order of Canada for her contribution to Indian Classical Dance. She was also awarded the Pravasi Bhartiya Samman, an honor given to Oversees Citizens of India
8. Mr. Raman Dua, President & Founder of Savemax — Savemax is one o the leading real estate brokerages in Mississauga and Brampton area with sales of over $2 billion since their inception 9 years ago.
9. Mr. Gaurav Upadhya, Chief Actuary, Forestors Financials
10. Mr. Rahul Bhardwaj, CEO & President, Institute of Corporate Director, Canada and ex-CEO of Toronto Foundation
11. Mr. Surjit Babra, CEO & Founder, Skylink Capital Corp. 12. Dr. Y. Raja Rampersaud, MD, FRCS(C), Spine Surgeon and Professor, University of Toronto, Divisions of Orthopaedic and Neurosurgery
About SONY SET TELEVISION:
• One of the most followed South Asian Network through Asian Television Network (ATN) amongst the South Asian Diaspora in Canada.
ATN SONY is currently available in more than 120,000* households in Canada through ATN (*estimates provided by the Network)
SONY Picture Television International and Channels include SONY Pictures Network (India), Animax, AXN, PIX, HBO Europe and SONY Movie Channel
• One of the leading channel networks with South Asian diaspora globally, especially the affluent South Asian community in American Geography. • One of the most watched channels in India and South Asian Diaspora