#Quebec; #VaccinationCampaign; #PfizerDelaysSupplyToCanada;
Quebec/Canadian-Media: Christian Dubé, Quebec's Health Minister announced today changes to its vaccination campaign, including a reduction in the number of doses to be administered by Feb. 8 from 250,000 doses to 225,000, due to Pfizer's slow supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses to Canada.
Covid19 Vaccination. Image credit: Unsplash
Quebec's Health Ministry, however said that it would keep its promises to provide second doses to people who have had their first shot within a maximum of 90 days.
The ministry said in a statement released Tuesday morning that its plan to finish vaccinating people living in long-term care homes by next Monday has not changed, with 75 percent of residents already being vaccinated.
The target for residents of private seniors homes as well as the number of health-care workers vaccinated by Feb 8 has been reduced, but the target for people living in remote regions will remain the same, said the ministry.
The vaccine rollout in private seniors’ residences would start by the week of Jan. 25
With a goal to vaccinate as many vulnerable people as possible, Dube announced last week the province's decision to administer the second dose of the vaccine for patients who have already received their first dose within a maximum of three months.