#Campbellton #NB; #ContactTracing; #Coovid19Pandemic
Campbellton (N.B.), May 28 (Canadian-Media): New Brunswick (N.B), which until last week, had no active cases of COVID-19, has reported the total cluster of cases in the northern part of the province to six, Dr. Jennifer Russell, the chief medical officer of health of N.B. announced May 28, media reports said.
Dr Jennifer Russell. Image credit: Twitter handle
Three of the latest addition of COVID-19 cases in Cambellton, N.B., were linked to a medical professional at the local hospital who contracted the coronavirus outside the province and didn't self-isolate when he returned.
Information about the case has been passed along to the RCMP to determine if the case warrants charges.
At least 150 people were exposed to the medical professional, including 50 health-care workers at the Campbellton Regional Hospital and 100 people in the community, said the head of the Vitalité Health Network.
Gilles Lanteigne, president and CEO of Vitalité Health Network said there were definitely more people who were exposed and expected 500 people to be tested within the next couple of days.
Lanteigne declined to identify the medical professional or their profession but said according to the working agreement he or she would be subject to disciplinary action.
Widespread testing is expected to be conducted in the testing centres on Friday through Sunday at the Memorial Civic Centre in Campbellton and the Dalhousie Inch Arran Ice Palace for anyone in the region who wants to get tested — whether they've had contact with the individual or not, or if they do not have symptoms.
The Campbellton region, also known as health Zone 5, is now at a higher risk due to the actions of one irresponsible individual, Higgs told reporters.
As of Wednesday, 23,296 coronavirus tests were performed in New Brunswick, with 120 people recoveries from the respiratory disease.